• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 feyster

feyster

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hello..

I wrote something in the 'introduction' part of the forum. That says that i went to high school in Brazil and before that i was somewhere else. Math has never been my cup of tea, but on the SAT it needs to be done. I just did part of the SAT test and on math i score incredibly low. Which is to me no surprise.  

I realized that some questions are unknown to me. Such i have not studied them before. Others, i have forgot how to tackle. My question is this:

What way is the best way to learn the math material for the SAT? i don't live in the states at the moment, so going to a local library is not an option. Where on the site is there a good tab/link where it explains very well how to execute a math problem.

Thank you.

#2 akglen

akglen

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (feyster @ Oct 24 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello..

I wrote something in the 'introduction' part of the forum. That says that i went to high school in Brazil and before that i was somewhere else. Math has never been my cup of tea, but on the SAT it needs to be done. I just did part of the SAT test and on math i score incredibly low. Which is to me no surprise.  

I realized that some questions are unknown to me. Such i have not studied them before. Others, i have forgot how to tackle. My question is this:

What way is the best way to learn the math material for the SAT? i don't live in the states at the moment, so going to a local library is not an option. Where on the site is there a good tab/link where it explains very well how to execute a math problem.

Thank you.

I suggest that you go to the practice tests and answer what you can, then move to the explanations to learn what you missed. remember that the SAT Math is only basic geometry and algebra 1, so don't despair due to lack of resources.
RAWRRRR - I get that 2400 SAT. In my dreams... But i'm working on it.

#3 bored2tears

bored2tears

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

As said above, the SAT only includes Algebra and Geometry. A good site to learn Algebra is called PurpleMath. Just go to the lessons index, and learn a few lessons a day. There are practice quizzes too. This helped my cousin learn algebra, and I hope it helps you!

Lots of Luck!

#4 sfweb

sfweb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Just follow the advice of akglen. The best advice for you.

QUOTE (feyster @ Oct 24 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello..

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.