3 replies to this topic

#1 conantorn

conantorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

hi,
where can I get updates for my driver or is there any application which can auto update my drivers?

#2 dogma1029

dogma1029

Sr. Expert

• 723 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Depending on your system you can get driver updates from the computer manufacturer. You can also get updated drivers for video cards, sound cards, etc. straight from the individual manufacturer's websites.
You can also just click on a component in device manager and choose update driver, it will ask you if you want to search the internet for a better driver than the one you are currently using.

I don't go in for "free" programs that will search through my hard drive and then find the best driver for me. It's like inviting a bunch of people you don't know to go through your stuff. I certainly wouldn't pay for a program to do that either.
You are better off doing it manually and then you know exactly what is on your system and exactly when it was updated.
A+ Certified Nov.2007
Network+ Certified Mar. 2008
Security+ Feb. 2009
MCTS : 70-620 Vista Apr. 2009
MCP: 70-290 June 2009
MCP: 70-291 June2010
MCSA June 2010

www.pcapprentice.com

#3 joeshatner

joeshatner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

U can try some driver updating applications like Driver Agent or "Advanced Driver updater". They will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dont have to search them they will download the latest updates and will install them. I prefer "Advanced Driver updater" as with it I have to just scan and it update all my drivers .u can download this from cnet .For me it is the best driver updater.

#4 mrnobita

mrnobita

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (conantorn @ Sep 10 2010, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,
where can I get updates for my driver or is there any application which can auto update my drivers?

There are a lot of programs helping you to detect and find the correct drivers for you such as driveragent , driverscanner , drivershq.... but they are not free.

one of the good free programs that does an excellent job is MyPCDrivers , go to their home page ( http://www.mypcdrivers.com ) and get your drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.