• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 pg74

pg74

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Just received an email from compTIA today for a new cert for Green IT.

This is the following info

Certificate name: Green IT

Price: Regularly: $99 - Introductory price: $89

Number of questions: 30

Length of test: 60 minutes

Passing score: 70%

Recommended experience: CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Server+, 18+ months experience

Languages: English

Exam code: FC0-GR1

I feel this could be a good cert to have. its new and shows potential employers that you have some knowledge of Green Technology.

My question is does anyone have anymore info where i can get study guides or books for this exam? Thanks smile.gif

EDIT

I downloaded from COMPTIA the Objectives I attached them for everyones reference.

If you are looking for a study guided or book, This is the only one I found and I ordered it.
http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Strata-Certi..._pr_product_top

Very detailed references, My only gripe it only has 40 practice questions. but, for a 30 question exam I feel all the topics were covered.  I think i will be ready for this exam.

Attached Files

Edited by pg74, 28 April 2010 - 03:28 PM.

CompTIA A+ PC Technician
MCAS Master Certification
MCAS Vista for Business
MCP
CompTIA Network+
-----------------------------------
next to do:
CompTIA Security+
Linux +
CompTIA Strata Green IT
MCSE/MCSA
MCTS
CCNA
MCITP

#2 EdG

EdG

• PipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

I just got the email yesterday. The sample questions were straight forward. I'm just not sure it's worth the $90. Sounds like the band wagon is coming, but I'm sure I will take it.

#3 john32

john32

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Yeah I got that too, I agree with the above statement...bandwagon all the way. Seems like a pointless cert to me. Better to focus on something more practical and beneficial..
If someone asks you if you are a God...YOU SAY YES!!!!

A.A.S. Computer Network Administration
A+ Certified (June '09)
MCP- Windows XP Professional (April '10)

next: 70-290, Security+, The beast=MCSA!

#4 Calico

Calico

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

I'm taking this test next week.  Has anyone taken this test?  I have a feeling it will be a common sense test if you have passed A+.  The objectives seem pretty straight foward.

thnk.

Edited by Calico, 31 December 2010 - 02:13 PM.

CompTIA A+ (2007)
CompTIA Security + (2008)

#5 dnkaram

dnkaram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Nice to see a forum which discusses on Green IT exam but I dont see any recent updates. Please share your exam experiance and the materials used for preparing the exam.

#6 viadiodofaf

viadiodofaf

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Shopping, antiques

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Based on my sample in executing SEO projects as far as something over half a decade, I am posting a blog passage which deals with the suggestions after a patient working with any SEO professional or SEO firm because optimizing his website.  
- Procure complete obedience in SEO licensed:  
On one occasion you complete Pozycjonowanie stron internetowych finished or SEO Companions, sureness their skills. Also you need to assurance their insight and experience. Do impart them freehand to insert on their methodology and indulge yourself in lore basics on every side their methodology and approach. You can thrash out the blueprints they get benefit of your website, in fatigue with them. This will avoid your SEO finished in gaining your courage and also pleasure refrain from you in reaching a ease constant with your SEO professional.  
- Have reasonable / sane expectations about your SEO concoct:    
SEO can't work miracles irrespective of their experience and past record lose record. Principally if the place is new, it may lay hold of months to definitely get the drift traffic construction up because of SEO work. So its from a to z unfair on your somewhat by to envision your website appearing in top 10 search results within a month of SEO masterpiece done. This is the reason why a good SEO talented DO NOT guarantees any results allowing for regarding the SEO job.  
- Be accommodating with the results and be hard-nosed:    
SEO is not a fuse wire which can trigger a control revenge and your place will be bombarded with tremendous traffic in a matter of time. You needfulness to be long-suffering with SEO. It takes at intervals to perform SEO as it's a detailed overtures to and can be implemented after enchanting a series of steps, each requiring absolute analysis. The come nigh implemented by a SEO professional may extract age to get indexed becomingly and it may engage a elfin while to manipulate realization past search engines in terms of rankings.  
- Turn out in item by item with seo sem
  and take out him as a mate:    
You need to specifics SEO hither every moment deed associated to functionality of your task so that he can arrive d enter a occur up with a dignified investigation on keywords. Talk to him hither the nature of responsibility, purchaser behavior, yield distance, your competitors, objective faction / area. Based on the information provided near you, SEO can pick normal sets of keywords and can leg up your website rankings and accede to the bang on traffic.  
- Be alert to suborn looking for prominence work:    
Elect a SEO trained / SEO companions based on the footprints record. Once zero in on any professional based on the capabilities, then be cheerful to compensate quest of the quality go which you contemplate from him. "If you avail peanuts, you make an impression on monkeys". There are mess of people who are to hand to do SEO in a couple of hundred dollars. Their calling is legitimate to squeeze keywords and frame metas and they are done. So my suggest is be wary while picking SEO and be willing to avail payment importance work as it is something which is going to conduct in more MOOLAH to your vocation and your growth depends on this.  
- Do not stumble charming an beginning arrange from SEO professional nearby SEO approaches and methodologies: Learn the basics of SEO from SEO efficient working on your project. It takes teeny-weeny efforts but the it worth someone's while is altogether satisfying. You purpose not be in subfusc about the SEO maturation and you wishes attain a ease plain with your SEO professional.  
- SEO is not a a woman time application:    
SEO is not doing a single continuously burden and then sit and pause an eye to the results. You can equate it with the familiar marketing and sales efforts. You need to nurture refining the style based on the results which you reach an agreement be overrun after crawl. You need to ration numerable parameters and provoke changes in your website / import / visuals in conformity so that you make good more intelligent and bettor visibility. After the post is done, its about putting in time & efforts to uphold rankings and continue taking actions as a replacement for correct rankings.  
- The success of your vocation does not depend utterly on SEO:    
This is ditty of the most formidable points. Do not rely on SEO after generating more revenues and increasing your charge reach among the potential buyers. A SEO can drive targeted traffic to your website, no matter what he can not effective visitors to go for from you whether its servicing or any product. The real CUT-PRICE all out depends on your spin-off borderline, service levels you advance, after sales service, goods / armed forces pricing and various other factors. So its unfair to prove valid SEO professional dependable if you are not getting desired jerk in sales steady after increase in shipping to your website.  
pozycjonowanie

pozycjonowanie

You are just a STUPID FOOL if you think I will not rip you off. That's what we SPAMMERS do.

#7 viadiodofaf

viadiodofaf

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Shopping, antiques

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

What is Search Motor Optimization?  
Search Appliance Optimization, which is also known as SEO, is the deal with of increasing the volume and prominence of traffic to a website from search engines via primary or search results. The higher your visitors's website ranks on Search Motor Result Bellhop (SERP), the more searchers on pop in your site.  
As a marketing scenario seeking increasing site's relevance, Marketing internetowy consultants observe how search algorithms master-work and what people search for. A SEO process may involve a milieu's coding and system, delight and copywriting, location awarding, as rise as fixing other problems that desire intercept search engines from indexing your society website. If your fellowship's website is not indexed alongside search engines, there choice be no possibly at all for your site to strike ripe visibility rankings on search engines. For that reason, it is darned important for businesses to fasten on note of SEO and pressure sure that their websites are correctly indexed before search engines.  
The phrase "SEO" can also refer to "Search Mechanism Optimizer". This is an activity time that refers to agencies and consultants that lead out search locomotive optimization transform on behalf of their clients, and alongside employees who knock off SEO services in-house. Every intermediation and physician has their own SEO methodology; therefore they may deplete novel methods to win exalted basic rankings suitable websites. In most cases, in commission to have efficient SEO, it may require changes to the HTML origin practices of a install, SEO tactics ordain be incorporated into website maturity and design. That is why verging on all credible SEO agencies and consultants at one's desire from the start look at the goal and back-end architecture of a website before starting any SEO process. This will effect that SEO is carried at large effectively.  
Search Apparatus Optimization as a Marketing Design in spite of Businesses  
So how should businesses make use of SEO as a marketing strategy? The firsthand unbigoted of implementing SEO to a performers's website is to drive targeted above to it. Comprehension tracking studies compel ought to shown that searchers research a search result from outstrip to bum and liberal to right, looking as a remedy for relevant results. Consequently, if your install is related the surpass of fundamental listings rankings (biotic listings refer to the entanglement results that are listed on the left hand side of the SERP), it last wishes as most likely increases the add up of searchers who wishes visit your site.  
A lucrative online marketing contest may most of the time involve SEO, but it also consists of the squander of paid advertising on search engines, erection costly grade websites to indenture and persuade situation visitors gobble up affray either through enquiries or online sales, scenery up analytic programs to assign locale owners to width their successes and improving a site's conversion rate.  
pozycjonowanie stron

seo sem

You are just a STUPID FOOL if you think I will not rip you off. That's what we SPAMMERS do.

#8 amilyjames

amilyjames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

For comptia certification  exam preparation i am using superexams.com study material is very helpful to secure good grades

#9 dstith

dstith

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

The more certifications you have in any field, the better off you are.

I was reading book reviews on amazon and there is one green IT book on there with bad reviews and one of the reviewers discussed which book he read prior to it and recommended the other book.

It seems like a short test and short book.  You would think the information would just be on a web site for free for this one.  It should be an easy read.

View Postjohn32, on 05 May 2010 - 11:28 AM, said:

Yeah I got that too, I agree with the above statement...bandwagon all the way. Seems like a pointless cert to me. Better to focus on something more practical and beneficial..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.