•     

How Do I Put Microsoft Office On My Usb Memory Stick?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steveclark

Steveclark

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

I am restoring my computers to factory settings and i can't figure out how to put my microsoft office on the usb stick so i don't lose it. Everytime i've tried to open it up on another computer it doesn't open. Can anyone give me a step by step? I have a 4GB stick so it should fit. Thanks in advance.

#2 atmosfear

atmosfear

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Steveclark @ Apr 21 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am restoring my computers to factory settings and i can't figure out how to put my microsoft office on the usb stick so i don't lose it. Everytime i've tried to open it up on another computer it doesn't open. Can anyone give me a step by step? I have a 4GB stick so it should fit. Thanks in advance.

You can't. You will need the installation software to reinstall it, you will also need the product key.

If your pc came pre installed with office though, when you do a factory restore it should also have office included in that image.

Once office is installed, you cant take it off again - same with most software, it requires a reinstall. For example, you could copy all the microsoft office folder in program files to your pen drive which i suspect you have done, but you cant copy all the registry files, nor can you re-register all the dll's associated with it.

to sum up, you need the office cd to reinstall unless your pc came pre-loaded with a full working and activated copy of office. HTH

edit - even then, the factory image may not include office - you are best to check with your oem before you wipe anything.

Edited by atmosfear, 21 April 2010 - 01:58 AM.

#3 shkhanal

shkhanal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

Steveclark is right. But now onwards you can create the image of your fresh factory setting and fresh office installation into your memory stick so that any time in future you need to restore, you can revert it back to your memory stick image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.