•     

Wireless Cards And Metal Plates

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 rensational

rensational

• PipPipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:moving to chicago or austin/dallas, tx; computers; music; sports (GO BLUE!)

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

I need to install a wireless card in a new HP Pavilion p6110y since it didn't come with one. I got a wireless card, but as I tried to install it, it seemed as if there was no way to take a metal plate off so as to slide the antenna out and through the back of the system unit...which makes the wireless card not fit inside the case (the antenna just gets in the way). There are two metal plates that come off, but two (including one by the only PCI slot on the motherboard) just seem to have solid metal with a screwdriver symbol on the back of each (and everywhere on the back of the computer that has that symbol doesn't seem to come off and don't seem to have any screws nearby to unscrew the metal). Is there any way to get it off, or any other solutions?

P.S. I did put the card on another computer, and the metal plate came off no problems--wireless card working on that one as I type, but I really got and need the card for the HP computer.

Would appreciate any help, please!

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.