Mcitp Sa 2008

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 rgarces87

rgarces87

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:13 AM

Hello everyone. Ok i was offered a class for MCITP SA 2008 which is supposely the new name giving to MCSA. Well i just recently also got my Network + so im a little confused still. I also heard that this certification for me would not be such a good idea since im only 21 and a company would not hire a network administrator at that age. I did started the class and im getting it little by little. This are my questions and i hope someone can help me out,

1. Best way to practice not just for the exam but to be a network administrator.
2. I only have A+ and Network+, i want to learn something that is on the demand and can get me a job.
3. People told me security+ should be my next step.
4. Ok so i get this certifications but i still dont have any job experience on networking. I been an A+ technician for 2 years.

Its hard when you dont know whats the best path. And i know it depends on what you wanna do. When i hear that question my answer is MONEY!!!, thats what i wanna do.

please.gif

Edited by rgarces87, 26 May 2009 - 07:27 AM.

MCITP SA (July 2009).
Network+ (April 2009, Score 750).
A+ (July 2008, Score 880).

#2 rgarces87

rgarces87

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Skrpune @ May 26 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if your biggest concern is $$$$, then do some research for what's most in demand & what pays best for your area...then go look up job ads for those positions & let the qualifications lists guide you in what to do next.  

If your target is to work on server environments using Server 2008, then the MCITP route is great, but in all honesty, I'd say that most folks are still using Server 2003.  So unless Server 2008 is being widely used in the NYC area, you may be limiting your choices by going with certifications for Server 2008 instead of Server 2003.

I think a made a mistake taking the MCITP SA 2008. It would have been better to take the SA 2003 and then upgrading to 2008. I have another question. A computer science degree is mostly for programming, this is what i been told. And an Information Technology degree is more for networking. I need help cause im thinking about starting college this year. Any advise would be very apreciated.
MCITP SA (July 2009).
Network+ (April 2009, Score 750).
A+ (July 2008, Score 880).

#3 ArpSt0rm

ArpSt0rm

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm A+, Net+ and Security+ certified and it has helped me out a great deal. My next step is pursue the MCITP EA.

#4 zerorez

zerorez

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

I am doing the MCSA -> MCITP SA path, and I am finding them to be very practical and useful on the job. The classes are the very basic needed information for you to work as a systems administrator/network administrator. Without those skills you will have a very hard time in a 2003/2008 server environment.

Classes and education are ALWAYS the best choice, I got a degree and my boss did give me a raise, but the degree just basically gave me base knowledge in a variety of different areas (Project management, Wired/wireless networking, pseudocode, .Net coding, etc) I want to be a server admin, that's what I like, I also like client repair/troubleshooting/upgrading as well as network configuration/installation (Cat 5 punchdowns, etc) So I went with a full degree, a MCSA and am 1 test away from my MCITP upgrade. I will get my MCSE and my MCITP EA after I am done this path.

The tests I am taking are:
290 passed (needed for MCSA and MCSE) Challenging
291   Passed (needed for MCSA and MCSE) Very Challenging
A+, Network+  Passed (needed for MCSA and MCSE) Medium difficulty
70-620 Vista  Passed (7 wasn't out yet) (needed for MCSA and MCSE) Easy
293 (For MCSE)
294 (For MCSE)
285 (For MCSE)

70-648  For MCITP: SA (Passed) Challenging
70-646  For MCITP: SA

70-643 For MCITP: EA
70-647 For MCITP EA

At the end of that List if you finish it you get:
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified IT Pro Server Admin
Microsoft Certified IT Pro Enterprise Admin
A+ Certified Technician
Network +
MCP
MCTS
Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization

Those certs and skills will be the foundation for a career in IT.

There is a roadmap for you.

Now, if you are wondering, why would I do all this?

Go to www.indeed.com and type MCITP and MCSE, you will see we are in the transition phase between the two right now, both will be needed in the next 5 years.

How did I get a job in IT?

I applied at a company for a completely different thing as I wanted a part time job while I went to school, my CCNA on my resume rang a bell with HR as it was on her phone so she called the head of IT to look at my resume, (It had CCNA and A+ on it at the time) I also had years as an assistant to IT at another job, so the head of IT interviewed me and I was moved into that area. I worked cheap $15 an hour starting. When I completed my degree (and my MCSA) I started to get DICE hits, I was offered a substantial raise at a different job and my boss matched it to keep me.

SO if you really want to get into IT, I would recommend a degree, certs and dice.com to get any old job to get your foot in the door. LOVE I.T. You have to really love it and want to do it, put forth the time and get **** good (I set up a server in my basement to practice with)

Good luck man. =)

Edited by zerorez, 24 September 2010 - 12:44 PM.

#5 zerorez

zerorez

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

One last piece of advice? Join a windows server user group, great place to get the foot in the door....and free pizza =)

#6 camo21210

camo21210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

That's not a good way to look at things saying you won't get a job since your 21..... I'm 22 now I became a Windows Administrator at 21. I was really nervous and thought that I was in over my head before I started but once I actually started doing it it wasn't that bad. So, don't let ideas like that take you away from your dreams. Just apply for the jobs that you want and you will be surprised who calls you back.

Cameron,
A+ Net+ Sec+ 3M for Fiber Optic's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.