thank yo

#2 williesbest2

williesbest2

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Skrpune @ May 18 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they're rated ok but not great.  I've never worked with one myself so I can't say from personal experience, but what I've been told from others is that they're nothing to write home to mom about and have relatively good but not great stability/quality.

I've had good luck with Asus boards though...and on the odd occasion when there's a problem with them, Asus is pretty good with repairs/replacements.

I have worked with Gigabyte motherboards and can attest to their quality.

Granted I've only used the P35/P43 chipset motherboards, but I imagine the quality would remain the same across all platforms.

Gigabyte is a fine motherboard manufacturer and one of the few that I actually trust. Asus is another good one as you mentioned, but they have terrible RMA service as does Gigabyte.

MSI seems to have the best RMA service, but I've had the worst luck with them so wouldn't recommend them.

#3 obsar3

obsar3

* Outstanding Sr. Expert *

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

I've built two of my home PCs using Gigabyte boards (both Intel socket 775) and I've been quite happy with them in general.   I believe these days they are considered to be the same level as ASUS in terms of quality.

Gigabyte is considered to be one of the top tier motherboard manuafacturers (along with ASUStek, MSI, and ECS ).

That being said, there are differences between the different boards Gigabyte puts out.  I would read some reviews before you buy.    I like to read Newegg customer reviews to see what types of problems people report about a product before I buy.
CompTIA A+, Network+

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

#4 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:32 AM

Hi,
I have nothing but agreement for the aforementioned MBs. I do find that Tiger Direct is a better source for them, and sometimes reviews. Even better is the magazine in the UK that regularly features articles on overclocking (I a bit over 4GHz is the current mark) and reviews them fairly extensively.
http://www.computerpoweruser.com/
I could name a couple of others, but they are not in English.
Peace,
Clarke

#5 Mokona

Mokona

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

I have had good luck with the Jetway boards that I have bought, mostly from Newegg. The seem to last a long time, as long as they don't arrive DOA, which happens from time to time.

#6 Transk53

Transk53

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Computers and Technology. Gaming and Overclocking. Reading and Writing (fanfic) If only I could add keeping fit to that :D But first and foremost, A+ and N+ to get nailed.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

What type of Mobo do you need for your Rig. Gigabyte do make very good boards, but so do Asus. They design for Overclocking though. If you want a standard Mobo, try ASRock or MSI imho.

#7 binalson32

binalson32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Gigabyte motherboard is good and also they make good motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.