• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 PO2MARVIN

PO2MARVIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

I bought a HP Laptop with Linux on it to try something new and also to see what Linux was al about. unsure.gif

#2 addieadela

addieadela

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

It is easy to install. If you are using Windows the simplest way to test your Linux Wubi installation. Wubi can install the Linux operating system with just one click. No need to download any software or computer experts.

#3 surveyasbestos

surveyasbestos

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

To optimize the performance of firewall rules, the idea is to use an inverted pyramid.  It doesn’t matter how many firewall rules there are if most packets don’t traverse them.  The idea is to catch as many “bad” packets in the first few passes.   The default rule should be to drop packets, then allow the most exact match possible. In addition to configuration, the “good practices” also include the documentation of all changes, regular audits to remove legacy rules, and checking to ensure allowed packets are being passed as expected.

#4 elsvinprins

elsvinprins

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Linux is a based operating system for computers. Linux is accessible in several editions with altered codebases, all of which are ultimately based on Ubuntu except for LMDE which is based on Debian. Linux focuses on account and affluence of installation.

#5 Asjas

Asjas

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

OpenSUSE or Ubuntu will be the best and easiest to install. They're also my favorite 2 distros.

#6 Insomnia

Insomnia

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (elsvinprins @ Mar 21 2011, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Linux is a based operating system for computers. Linux is accessible in several editions with altered codebases, all of which are ultimately based on Ubuntu except for LMDE which is based on Debian. Linux focuses on account and affluence of installation.

So not true... Ubuntu is based on Debian, and there are only several projects based on Ubuntu.  All linux distros can trace their lineage back to a Unix flavour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unix_history.svg

#7 vukojea

vukojea

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Insomnia @ Aug 16 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So not true... Ubuntu is based on Debian, and there are only several projects based on Ubuntu.  All linux distros can trace their lineage back to a Unix flavour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unix_history.svg

i am new to linux and just want to as...is ubuntu really the best?

#8 Insomnia

Insomnia

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (vukojea @ Nov 6 2011, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am new to linux and just want to as...is ubuntu really the best?

Ubuntu is one of the easiest to install and currently has one of the largest active forums on linux help.  It's all about trying to make linux as easy to use as possible, whether this makes it the best or not is more of a personal preference.

I don't do much work with Linux yet, but I generally use CentOS and Mint, sometimes Kubuntu/Xubuntu.  I personally find KDE easier to use as a front-end than gnome (Kubuntu is KDE, Ubuntu is Gnome.  They're the graphical interfaces for their respective versions of linux).

If you're just starting out, Mint or Ubuntu may be the best places to start.

#9 casemoorey

casemoorey

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Linux is the latest operating system of rad hat. It is my favourite operating system. Its easy and convenient to operate. I am also using this OS for my SEO work, It has instresting graphics.

#10 alicelases

alicelases

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:music,reading

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Linux is a one type of operating system for used to  run the software it is used to maintain the related system.Linux is used to personal computer users that it can develop the related system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.