Registry Cleaner

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 putertutor33

putertutor33

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy helping people, family time and computer time, being in a positive enviroment,and humor.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Awhile back I was having trouble with empty Keys, file path references, window startup items and program shortcuts in my registry.  I went online and checked out several different registry cleaners.  Most of them offered a free download. What they do is scan your registry and offer to fix a few of the problem for free. Then they want you to register and purchase their product, to fix the rest.  I found these two products for free, that scans and fixes the problems. Along with running these cleaners, I ran a full scan, a defrag and a disk cleanup program.  My pc is performing better now. Input pro or con welcome.

Try Eusing Free Registry Cleaner 1.8 which will analyse and fix your problems - and it's free!

Download from here http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_...ry_cleaner.htm

The registry 'cleaner' recommended by most  'ccleaner'

this is a free program, and is also a good general system cleaner.

Info at http://www.ccleaner.com/
Bjl

#2 jace5869

jace5869

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

I like Registry Mechanic a lot! but, CCleaner is also very good, too.

You might also like Auslogic's Boostspeed application and JV16 Powertools.
*In Memory of Chookie* Best Dog in the World!

Troy State University
-Student-
B.S. Applied Computer Science Pending....

Sony Electronics, Inc.
IT\Network Technician

#3 TechGuy1234

TechGuy1234

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I personally use advanced windows care. It's free and you do not need to upgrade to
fix the warnings. I know some software does that. They said you have certain and certain
errors but you have to buy it before you problems are fixed. Unless they are well branded
otherwise I would suspect if it only a trick to hook you up.

#4 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Hi,
You could add Glary Utilities, EasyCleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner to the list. Be sure of the spelling of the second one(not "EZ") as they are very different in abilities(TonyArts is the correct company.)
Peace,
Clarke

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

I do computer repair work for a living and I personally use CCleaner, Registry mechanic, and manual searches through the registry for known bad keys (find next is an awesome tool). If registry mechanic were freeware I'd recommend it to everyone.

#6 JsM75

JsM75

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

I've been using one called ( CCleaner ) also and it seems to be working pretty good.  My only question is why would it find way more {as in bites, MB's} than the typical control panel/free up disk space?

#7 JsM75

JsM75

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Also  is it always safe to delete what the "CCleaner" finds to clean up?

#8 RafaelSean

RafaelSean

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

hi,
i use this one Regclean Pro...this the best registry cleaner i used so far..it scans & clear distorted regs..works well for me...i m sure this help a lot..!!

Source : Cnet ,Tucows.

#9 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hi,
In regards to the CCleaner deletion question, be sure to have the latest version. It has been safe in the past, mostly, but the best thing to do is have it put in the Recycle Bin. Then if you go to empty it, needed files will not delete. You can Restore them and finish emptying.
EasyCleaner used to have this problem also, but now the program will only delete the correct ones in the Unnecessary Files option and tell which it would not delete.
Peace,
Clarke

#10 mkoffman223

mkoffman223

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I agree with most of the other posters, that CCleaner is an excellent program. Its quick, simple to use, and free, not a bad trifecta.

#11 charlesmorgan

charlesmorgan

• PipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

I am personally using cc cleaner and found it very robust and user friendly.This application can gives you good free space by deleting all the unnecessarily files.

#12 karuro

karuro

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Can also vouch for ccleaner, great program and fast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.