•     

How Does An Employer Verify Your A+ Certificate?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 danieljohnsonk

danieljohnsonk

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Once you obtain A+ certification how does a prospective employer verify your A+ status?

#2 wargence

wargence

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

you can go to www.comptia.org/careerid

log in with your id (you should know how to do this, instructions should be on your printout)
and on the left side it will say "publish credentials".
click that and enter your employers email address and he will be sent a really professional looking document showing all your Comptia certifications that you have achieved. you can test it on your own email address to see exactly what it looks like.  definately a good thing to do.

also you can print out logos for the different certs that you have got or attach them to your resume somewhere.  Just play around with it. Be creative and be professional.
A+ 220-601 Essentials (4-7-08)--Score 745
A+ 220-602 IT Technician (4-14-08)--Score 790
Network+ N10-003 (8-25-08)
Microsoft 70-270 (1-29-11)--Score 800

Currently Enrolled in:
Microsoft 70-290

#3 danieljohnsonk

danieljohnsonk

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(wargence @ Sep 8 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

log in with your id (you should know how to do this, instructions should be on your printout)
click that and enter your employers email address and he will be sent a really professional looking document showing all your Comptia certifications that you have achieved. you can test it on your own email address to see exactly what it looks like.  definately a good thing to do.

also you can print out logos for the different certs that you have got or attach them to your resume somewhere.  Just play around with it. Be creative and be professional.

Thanks for the info.
I just started studying for the A+ and I am glad that there is a legitimate way for employers to verify certifications. I wouldn't have too much confidence in a system consisting of printed certificates without any way to verify authenticity.

Also I forgot to ask in my first post, do they show your score on the certificate? Do they show it in the employer email from Comptia?

#4 Rooster628

Rooster628

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(wargence @ Sep 8 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's pretty handy. Far more reliable than just walking in with a printed paper and trying to convince them that it's authentic. Though, I'll still be printing mine out and rubbing it into the faces of my friends who know far more than I do and have no certs at all  tongue.gif

#5 ctrain2kx

ctrain2kx

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

I am new to this as well... dont you get an ID card as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.