23 replies to this topic

#1 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:08 AM

Hi,
Just looking for initial feedback from anyone who may be testing/evaluating the new Chrome beta from Google. Of interest is functionality, load speed, usability and security issues.
Does it function with plug-ins, crash/refuse to load certain sites?
How comfortable do you feel with having Google track you through it?
Trying to configure a "sandbox" machine currently to test it, but the hardware is an issue when I want to install but isolate an otherwise viable machine.
Peace,
Clarke

#2 eric.titzer

eric.titzer

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

I agree with redwarrior, the features I use in Firefox outweigh the functionality of chrome.  The innovation in chrome will bleed over to other opensource browsers like firefox and opera very quickly.   I like being able to select plugins in firefox to customize my browsing.  I don't think chrome will gain a very large market share in the long run because of this.
Eric Titzer
AAS CIS
CompTIA A+ IT Technician

#3 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

I heard great things about it yesterday. Going to try it out. Hopefully ProProfs works great on it.
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

#4 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• 162 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

Hi,
Like the comments, so far. I had already read some testers early views on:

http://www.zdnet.com/

and some more from the central place to get older browsers:

http://browsers.evolt.org/

and wanted to know what others thought. I collect browsers, as many HTMLers are. I was a member of HWG lo those many years ago, and remember the problems that came with the advent of IE 4 and those who wished to go back to IE 3 (required the erasure of two dll's or the machine was dead. Some effort would get to a command line and get the machine to boot with no IE.
Peace,
Clarke

#5 WesleyFields

WesleyFields

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

I  completely understand about the data mining that is stated in the EULA but there is a German company that has taken Google Chrome with its amazing fast abilities and "fixed" it so to speak so there is no more data mining to google.

This is Google Chrome without the data mining

Just download and try if you like google chrome but hate google's EULA

http://www.srware.ne...on_download.php

Edited by WesleyFields, 16 October 2008 - 06:49 PM.

CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
(working on 70-270)

#6 alexmackwan

alexmackwan

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

When you about-face to Google Chrome beta, you will consistently get the acceleration and appearance the latest updates. Please agenda that you can alone accept one of the Google Chrome version.

#7 elsvinelsvin

elsvinelsvin

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

According to me the Chrome browser is the best browser to use the Internet. This browser provide the high speed Internet for surfing and downloading. It supports default browser settings of operating system.

#8 reodineli

reodineli

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

The Chrome Browser is the very nice web browser which is developed by google. This browser get the default settings of the current Operating System. This browser has the very nice theme which is good looking.

#9 Edvinjhoni

Edvinjhoni

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Google Chrome is a free of cost web browser that takes just few time to install. It is accessible for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Google Chrome is a browser developed by Google.

#10 jhonysendiy

jhonysendiy

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Chrome Browser is the best web browser which developed by Google. This is very fast browser to surf Internet. This browser has good looking theme. This browser is easily available on Internet and it is easy to use it.

#11 nelsonheell

nelsonheell

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

Google chrome is the best internet web browser. It is very simple and very fast web browser, which make it most attractive and more used. Because that all features are make it very easy and because of speed it may work complete in very short time.

#12 adamzbaker

adamzbaker

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Google chrome is well designed web browser of Google. It is normal and simple, which make it more attractive and easy to use. It is very fast in search. It has great ultimate features with strong security.

#13 Strype

Strype

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

Thanks to everybody who provided information in this thread. A lot of it was very helpful. I'm enjoying the new Chrome so far, however, if I run into any problems, I'll be sure to post them here.

Cheers,
Strype

#14 anielaleo

anielaleo

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

Google chrome is the best browser.Chrome provide many different type of tools and applications to use this browser easily.Chrome is the fast and speedy browser so we can easily load site and download files and folder easily.

#15 siymenthomas

siymenthomas

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Chrome is one the best and the nice browser, people make the use of it. It is fast effective and beneficial also. It provide various features that is why it is more popular.

#16 harryswillamis

harryswillamis

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

Chrome is one of the best and the most popular browser and people make t he full and effective use of it. A part from that it is one of the best and the effective browser to use. It is having the best feature.

#17 JessicaSNV

JessicaSNV

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Internet Choice let's you compare over 600 broadband plans from 15 of Australia's leading Broadband Providers.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hi,
I didn't tried it yet. Actually I am so use to of the tools of Mozilla Firefox that, it is very tough for me to switch to another browser.

#18 valenweiss

valenweiss

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Chrome Browser is the best web browser which developed by Google. It is simple & speedy web browser, & also it is useful for SEO work. It has ultimate features with strong security.

#19 neallbeck

neallbeck

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Improve and share knowledge

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Google chrome is a technical product of Google which as a web browser. It has well graphics with the best ultimate features, that make it attractive and the best in use. It is very fast and secure web browser which make computer system safe and secure from viruses and hackers.

#20 JessicaSNV

JessicaSNV

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Internet Choice let's you compare over 600 broadband plans from 15 of Australia's leading Broadband Providers.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hi,
Google Chrome is the fastest among all and very secure also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.