• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

#1 Andreiovich

Andreiovich

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

Friend of mine has a laptop and she is in WiFi network environment. Network Connections in Control panel recognizes the wireless network, nevertheless she cannot open the IE browser she gets message that page couldn't be found. She pinged successfully to internet site so she has internet connection. Do you have any ideas?

#2 Andreiovich

Andreiovich

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

I think it's the browser (IE7) that needs to be replaced with IE6.  But how can she do that without access to the internet?

#3 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

Hi,
If the system came with IE6 then first try the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs selection for IE7. That is the easiest way, if available since it will revert back.
Peace,
Clarke

#4 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• 162 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:54 AM

Hi,
Just an extra "two cents worth" to add:
Connectivity issue best tried at command line (tracert)
Browser/add-on issue good! (Hardware compatibility? - no hardware mentioned)
Peace,
Clarke

#5 Andreiovich

Andreiovich

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

I did remove IE7, and now she can connect to internet with IE6.  But interestingly enough she cannot
connect using Mozilla.

#6 zeroprezens

zeroprezens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

have you tried another browser, such as firefox, chrome, or opera?

#7 crigby

crigby

Sr. Expert

• 162 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

hi,
just get rid of IE7. No prejudice against it(tongue in check well bitten!)  I encourage you to you check the connection settings as they are the problem, most probably.
As always,
Peace,
Clarke

#8 warendelltell

warendelltell

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

I think you should to update your browser version. It may be a reason of this problem. After do it you see this error again you should to change your browser. If you want to change your browser, see the result of new browser and than after buy it.

#9 gethip1

gethip1

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Skrpune @ Sep 3 2008, 11:42 AM) <{<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Andreiovich, sorry to take so long to respond.  Does she not have internet access anywhere else to see if it's a problem with her computer/wireless vs a problem with the access point?  Do you have an internet connection she can use temporarily to do some troubleshooting?  (Most coffee shops or cafes now have free wireless, so perhaps she can have try another free wifi location to do some troubleshooting.)

Have you had her try to use IE7 with no addons?  There is a small possibilty that the website she's trying to access isn't compatible with IE7, but is she having trouble with ALL websites or just one in particlar?  Has she checked the settings in IE or her firewall?  Have you had her try the old standby of going to command prompt & doing ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew?  Does a restart of the computer make any difference?  What site is she pinging with success?  

I think you need to have her run through some of these simpler things before doing a full removal/reinstall of IE7 or before rolling back to IE6.  I also agree with Alobos - it's critical to try another browser to see if it's a browser issue or a connection issue.  Without knowing more details, or what interim troubleshooting steps were tried and the results, it's really hard to diagnose.

hi
friend thanks for your information

#10 JessicaSNV

JessicaSNV

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Internet Choice let's you compare over 600 broadband plans from 15 of Australia's leading Broadband Providers.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hi all,
I have found an interesting and informative discussion here. Sometimes, I am getting the same problem when my system get format. I am agreed with 'CRIGBY', the reason behind the problem might be any of the two below:
- check the internet and connection settings. The problem might be there.
- uninstall the old version fully, remove all the cookies and then install the new version of the browser.

View Postcrigby, on 25 November 2008 - 11:31 PM, said:

hi,
just get rid of IE7. No prejudice against it(tongue in check well bitten!)  I encourage you to you check the connection settings as they are the problem, most probably.
As always,
Peace,
Clarke

#11 Adam Thomas

Adam Thomas

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Browser is very important for the internet access which is gives the perfection to it. I use Mozilla Firefox which is very much advanced form me.

#12 JessicaSNV

JessicaSNV

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Internet Choice let's you compare over 600 broadband plans from 15 of Australia's leading Broadband Providers.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi,
Another solution is, check the network setting from the control panel. then open IE, refresh the page if get the 'not found' message again. I think, this will help you to reach the right cause of the problem.

All the best.

#13 Edric Marshall

Edric Marshall

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:CHESS

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Browser is important thing for the user of the computer to access the internet. If any problem occur then you have to check the setting of the browser or also check the control panel of it.

#14 vikasbook

vikasbook

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Chrome is really safe one must use it as its really great service by Google. I really feel web faster through Chrome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.