• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 S4Bum

S4Bum

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well for some reason I had really psyked myself out and was really stressing about this cert.  I really made it harder then it had to be and ended up spending 6 weeks studying for it vs the 4 I had scheduled.  But I walked out of the exam center in 25 minutes with a 965!!!  A lot of the questions on the exam had the same flavor as the questions at the end of the chapter of the Exam self study guide, so that helped.  One peice of advice I have is to definatly purchase the self-study guide and not the exam cert guide.  THe exam cert guide didn't really cover all the material in as much depth as it needed to, and spent to long on other topics.  The Self study seemed to be better organized as well.

Off to BSCI now  smile.gif

P.S.  The quick reference guide was very helpfull to start if you are not familiar with some of the topics
Currently working on:
Linux+
CIW Foundations
-------------------------------
CCNA
CCNA Wireless
CCDA
CCNP (I MADE IT!!)
ITIL v3 Foundation
Security+
Network+
A+

#2 S4Bum

S4Bum

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

Thanks!  I was really expecting it to be harder then it was, and If you use cisco's Partner Education Center to take the pre-test assesment it seems really challenging (I was only geting 80% on the pre-assesments, but scored much higher on the actual exam)  

Currently working on:
Linux+
CIW Foundations
CCNA
CCNA Wireless
CCDA
CCNP (I MADE IT!!)
ITIL v3 Foundation
Security+
Network+
A+

#3 gt-rob

gt-rob

Sr. Expert

• 1,364 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

Congrats on the pass!  Its an odd exam, and IMO pretty boring material.  But you have it out of the way now wink.gif  Good luck with NP

#4 fthom

fthom

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (S4Bum @ Aug 12 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for some reason I had really psyked myself out and was really stressing about this cert.  I really made it harder then it had to be and ended up spending 6 weeks studying for it vs the 4 I had scheduled.  But I walked out of the exam center in 25 minutes with a 965!!!  A lot of the questions on the exam had the same flavor as the questions at the end of the chapter of the Exam self study guide, so that helped.  One peice of advice I have is to definatly purchase the self-study guide and not the exam cert guide.  THe exam cert guide didn't really cover all the material in as much depth as it needed to, and spent to long on other topics.  The Self study seemed to be better organized as well.

Off to BSCI now  smile.gif

P.S.  The quick reference guide was very helpfull to start if you are not familiar with some of the topics

hi,

Very impressive! A score of 965 in 25 mins. I hav booked to take the exam on 10th dec & am psyked up as well. Your comments of the exam & difficulty level does give confidence. I have the CCNA so it would help i assume.

When you took the exam did you have many simlet or testlet type questions fashioned on case study type of scenarios?

Would value your advice

Thanks

francis

#5 fthom

fthom

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

hi,

Took CCDA 640-863 on 10th dec & passed with score of 987/1000. MCQs with drag & drop only. There were 65 questions. The diane teare Study Guide is most appropriate for the exams. Completed the exam in approx 45 mins

Thanks for all your help & comments

francis

#6 S4Bum

S4Bum

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (fthom @ Dec 11 2008, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

Took CCDA 640-863 on 10th dec & passed with score of 987/1000. MCQs with drag & drop only. There were 65 questions. The diane teare Study Guide is most appropriate for the exams. Completed the exam in approx 45 mins

Thanks for all your help & comments

francis

Congrats!!  Sorry I didnt respond earlier
Currently working on:
Linux+
CIW Foundations
CCNA
CCNA Wireless
CCDA
CCNP (I MADE IT!!)
ITIL v3 Foundation
Security+
Network+
A+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.