The Best Simulator For The Ccna

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 IPSEC

IPSEC

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

I know this topic has been introduced before but I would like some advice on which lab simulator to buy so that I can prepare for the CCNA exam.  Is boson adequate for studying for the CCNA?  I already have a 2900 switch and realize that a router would be better.  But I'd prefer not to buy anymore hardware unless really recommended.   TIA.

Edited by IPSEC, 31 July 2008 - 06:37 AM.

#2 IPSEC

IPSEC

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(IPSEC @ Jul 30 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this topic has been introduced before but I would like some advice on which lab simulator to buy so that I can prepare for the CCNA exam.  Is boson adequate for studying for the CCNA?  I already have a 2900 switch and realize that a router would be better.  But I'd prefer not to buy anymore hardware unless really recommended.   TIA.

#3 gt-rob

gt-rob

Sr. Expert

• 1,364 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

A lot of people recommed Boson Netsim for simulators, as it seems to cover the most.  I believe the one for CCNA comes with some labs to run through as well.

Which 2900 do you have?  You can run through lots with that alone, switchport configs, vlans, VTP, trunking, etc.  You can get a router cheap on ebay.  2501s are only about $50, and 2600s are about $100-150.  You could always sell it after too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.