•     

Which Exam Did You Have More Trouble On?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 vizvvizv

vizvvizv

• PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Hey guys, I passed my OS Technologies A+ exam, and now I'm about to take Core Hardware.  Which exam would you say is harder?  Core Hardware of OS Technologies?   I would appreciate all responses.   Thank you.

#2 hempyuk

hempyuk

Sr. Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (vizvvizv @ Oct 23 2005, 04:28 AM)
Hey guys, I passed my OS Technologies A+ exam, and now I'm about to take Core Hardware.  Which exam would you say is harder?  Core Hardware of OS Technologies?   I would appreciate all responses.   Thank you.

I think the OS exam is the harder one, but i think its all down to experance if you got more experance in OS you will find the OS exam easyer etc..

good luck on your hardware exam

Hemp cool.gif

#3 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:30 AM

I just wrote the same in another post....its all abt experience :-) ..Most find OS harder
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

#4 leafybeard

leafybeard

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Jazz- big shout to Miles Davis, Wynton Marsellis etc<br /><br />Movies-Thanks to Jack Nicholson, your a genius!!<br /><br />Sport - Football (Manchester United), jogging, tennis<br /><br />Beautiful ladies, thanks Michelle for being such a beautiful, inspiring, part of my life! Long may it continue!!! : )<br />

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:41 AM

Greetings!

I would like to add that I thought I would find the OS exam easier, due to the fact that I have used every OS since 95 at work and at home, and my hardware experience has been rather limited. Accordingly, I found the hardware exam easier, and I passed on my first attempt, after about 2 and a half months revision, and I passed my OS exam on my second attempt after about 4 months intensive revision. Its just that theres a lot to remember regarding ALL the OS, even those which be in a museum!

Both exams are scary, but the better prepared you are the easier it will be. The worse that you can do is really worry about it, sounds weird this, but try and enjoy it!!!

Peace  blink.gif

LeafyBeard

QUOTE (jbrown @ Oct 23 2005, 09:30 AM)
I just wrote the same in another post....its all abt experience :-)

#5 Disciple24

Disciple24

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (leafybeard @ Oct 30 2005, 04:41 AM)
Greetings!

I would like to add that I thought I would find the OS exam easier, due to the fact that I have used every OS since 95 at work and at home, and my hardware experience has been rather limited. Accordingly, I found the hardware exam easier, and I passed on my first attempt, after about 2 and a half months revision, and I passed my OS exam on my second attempt after about 4 months intensive revision. Its just that theres a lot to remember regarding ALL the OS, even those which be in a museum!

Both exams are scary, but the better prepared you are the easier it will be. The worse that you can do is really worry about it, sounds weird this, but try and enjoy it!!!

Peace  blink.gif

LeafyBeard

I assume that for me the hardware will be the hardest. That's only because I have switched Operating Systems before but don't really have much experience with the "guts" of a computer.

#6 Moseph

Moseph

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:34 AM

IT's really just about what you're used to working with.  I myself prefer the hardware side because I've spent my entire life working with tinkering with machines and electronics.
Others, though, spend there time tinkering with software rather than with physical pieces.
It's all about what you're most familiar with.

#7 carolight

carolight

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

I have been a programmer for years, and consider myself a software person, and knew nothing about hardware before studying for the test, but I found the hardware exam much easier.

I think that it's because if you learn the IRQs or cable lengths and speeds, you don't have to think too much about it, and once learned, that's it.  Whereas with the O/S, each O/S does things slightly differently.   Menu options are different, programs are different.  Taking backups is different.

When I clicked end on Core, I was confident of a good score, but with O/S I was not even sure I had passed.

#8 Wbrown75

Wbrown75

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Moseph @ Jan 9 2006, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT's really just about what you're used to working with.  I myself prefer the hardware side because I've spent my entire life working with tinkering with machines and electronics.
Others, though, spend there time tinkering with software rather than with physical pieces.
It's all about what you're most familiar with.

That is true, but judging by the score that you have to get to pass it looks like the OS exam is the harder of the two.

#9 fluffy

fluffy

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:52 PM

I've worked the hardware side for over 9 years. I took a sample test cold on the mcmcse.com website, opting for 50 questions out of their question pool, and barely passed (60 is passing and I got 66). With my background, hardware is easier, though I was quite miffed at my low score.  I haven't dared to sample the OS questions.

#10 jehovahb4me

jehovahb4me

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

The Hardware Version Does seem easier, I passed my Hardware, and Im getting into The Software and its A whole lot Harder

#11 bussche

bussche

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

I'd say that for me the Hardware one is more trouble, as a lot of the stuff is legacy that doesnt really apply too much anymore, such as Irq numbers etc.

#12 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:40 PM

Ok, lets conclude that *Most* people tend to find the Hardware exam easier than OS.

I am closing this thread. Thanks all for participating in the discussion.
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.