11 replies to this topic

#1 Tufek100

Tufek100

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

I failed the 602. I studied hard for this exam, I was up to date with the exam
objectives, but it felt like i was doing a different exam. I don't know what happened. Maybe my study method is not effective, any recommendations and tips from other members on how to
study and prepare for this exam will help me out a lot, i really want to pass this exam next round.
I'm slowly starting to loose my motivation, thank you.

CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Linux+ Certified
SDA SD0-101 Certified
MCP (70-270,70-290)

#2 Tufek100

Tufek100

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

Hi, bobby

Thanks for that info, I think that's what happened, i got hit with Networking pretty hard,so
i will focus on that more.
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Linux+ Certified
SDA SD0-101 Certified
MCP (70-270,70-290)

#3 RKing1957

RKing1957

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(Tufek100 @ Mar 10 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, bobby

Thanks for that info, I think that's what happened, i got hit with Networking pretty hard,so
i will focus on that more.

Can you post an example of your experience? That is, what subjects were covered on your test.

#4 energy

energy

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:36 AM

taking my 601 and 602 friday! what areas did you have the most trouble with?

#5 Tufek100

Tufek100

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

The subjects that was covered in my test was Networking, Printers, Laptops, Customer Service,Personal Computers, lots of PATH questions on Windows GUI. Trouble shooting Networks, Laptops. How to print a test page, If you want to send a email what would you use, Testing Internet connection, When you upgrade your motherboard what should be compatible with it, How to Degauss a monitor, User moved printer to connect to another computer ( New PC) now the printer prints funny characters What can you do to correct this, Which laptop battery has the shortest life, A user does not want to share a printer with everybody but wants to control who can access it what should you do, The light on the NIC card is not lit where in the OSI model does it belong, Which one of the following is a Static IP Address, How to apply a thermal grease on a CPU, Modem is not working how to test it, When Scanning a large document what would be effected, that's all i can remember. I have one question regarding customer service, If you install a Program for a use at work and the customer wants you to install another Program, can the Technician install that Program or does he have to follow Company Policy or Consult with your Supervisor first?  What would be the correct answer here i still dont know?
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Linux+ Certified
SDA SD0-101 Certified
MCP (70-270,70-290)

#6 benann2

benann2

• PipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Tufek100 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The subjects that was covered in my test was Networking, Printers, Laptops, Customer Service,Personal Computers, lots of PATH questions on Windows GUI. Trouble shooting Networks, Laptops. How to print a test page, If you want to send a email what would you use, Testing Internet connection, When you upgrade your motherboard what should be compatible with it, How to Degauss a monitor, User moved printer to connect to another computer ( New PC) now the printer prints funny characters What can you do to correct this, Which laptop battery has the shortest life, A user does not want to share a printer with everybody but wants to control who can access it what should you do, The light on the NIC card is not lit where in the OSI model does it belong, Which one of the following is a Static IP Address, How to apply a thermal grease on a CPU, Modem is not working how to test it, When Scanning a large document what would be effected, that's all i can remember. I have one question regarding customer service, If you install a Program for a use at work and the customer wants you to install another Program, can the Technician install that Program or does he have to follow Company Policy or Consult with your Supervisor first?  What would be the correct answer here i still dont know?

Hi i got same exam and failed too so dont be too down with your self i got retake in 2 weeks hope fully we both will pass retake goodluck.

#7 Tufek100

Tufek100

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for that, best of luck with your studies and the exam.
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Linux+ Certified
SDA SD0-101 Certified
MCP (70-270,70-290)

#8 CMajorDane

CMajorDane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Playing Blues on my piano, Playing with my great dane

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

Wow, it seems I have seen these same questions before.   paper.gif  I got a 830  tongue.gif  Just kidding. Seriously though, when it comes to installing programs and web surfing and the like; always consult company policy. Just because there are no restrictions on the PC does not mean you are allowed by company policy.

my responses to your post in order:

printer properties
SMTP
Ping
CPU
Monitor Built in Utility
install drivers on PC
not sure on shortest battery life  google_lt.gif
disable Simple File Sharing
Physical
small dot in center or a thin layer on top cpu
ping it
the size of the file
consult company policy

Note: these are what I "would" respond with   cheers.gif

You can email me for a very cool test prep program

Edited by CMajorDane, 12 March 2008 - 09:39 AM.

#9 Tufek100

Tufek100

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Thanks, I new you should always follow company policy but i wasn't sure.
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Linux+ Certified
SDA SD0-101 Certified
MCP (70-270,70-290)

#10 Cameron1987

Cameron1987

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

Good Luck next time im just studying very hard

#11 kwilhelm

kwilhelm

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

i like that brain dump, i will do the same when i take it soon

#12 n.minas

n.minas

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(kwilhelm @ Mar 13 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like that brain dump, i will do the same when i take it soon

hi i think that the questions are set for a particular day and then change becuase my exam covered exactley what is stated above.
sorry to hear you guys falied, i passed but bearly with a 740.

and kwilhelm it is not allowed to be discussing brain dumps on this site.

they are pointless anyway becuase as i have seen stated elsewhere if you went for a job interveiw and was required to elaborate on an answer to question you would be unable to in some cases as you whould only remember the answer and not why the answer is right.

thanks to every 1 here for the help and support offered to me throughout my time as a member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.