Flashcard Set Preview
Side ASide B
split mind, split from reality, NOT DID, you don't have different personalities A...
Schizophrenia - A group of severe disorders characrerized by
- 1. Disorganized...
- presence of inappropriate behaviors ex: hallucinations, talk in disorganized...
Symptoms of Schizo Positive symptoms -
Symptoms of Schizo Negative Symptoms -
Thinking is fragmente, bizarre, and distorted by false beliefs (or persecutin (like someone...
Disorganized Thinking of schizo
- delusions :
sensory experiences w/o sensory stimulation
- seeing, feeling, tasting,...
Disturbed Perceptions of Schizo
- Hallucinations -
? ARE THE MOST COMMON IN SCHIZO !!!
- ex: laughing when talking about moms death
Emotion of Schizo
- senseless, compulsive acts
- ex: ?
Actions of schizo
- 1/1000 develop this year
- 24 million worldwide
Occurrence of Schizo
Development of Schizo
- 2 types
- recovery more likely
- More positive symptoms (respond...
Acute (rective) Schizo
- Recovery is doubtful
- More negative Symptoms (withdrawal)
Chronic (process) Schizophrenia
? is a disease of the brain
- there is extreme dopamine overactivity