Flashcard Set Preview
Side ASide B
Airborne/Contact (A/C) diseases
think of AC Slater, aka, Mario Lopez from Saved by the Bell. A high school student, and just think of high school as a time for acne and pimples or dots or chicken pox marks - MMHS...
think of CONTACT CRIMPS - [C]roup, - yes[R]SV (respiratory syncytial virus), - yes[I]mpetigo, - yes[M]RSA, - yes[P]ediculosis, - yes[S]cabies...
Droplet/Contact (DC) diseases
think of Washington DC and there are political people so we must be proper. So, MRS. DiP –
Droplet precaution diseases
I can’t really think of one for this, but, I thought of PIMS –[P]neumonia, - yes, but depends [I]nfluenza, - yes[M]eningitis,...
Airborne Precautions - Barriers
1. Private room or with patient with same infection 2. Negative air pressure 3. Keep door closed 4. Place mask on patient if being transported
Droplet Precautions - Barriers
1. Private room or with patient with same infection 2. Keep 3 keet away from patient 3. Door may remain open 4. Place mask on patient if being transported
Contact Precautions - Barriers
1. Private room or with patient with same infection 2. Clean, nonsterile gloves 3. Wear gown when entering room if clothing will have contact 4. Remove gown before leaving 5. Use...
Standard precaution diseases:
You can still be "LL HIP" even if you are standard???- Lyme Dis - yes - Legionnaire’s disease - yes - Haemophilus Influenza PNEUMONIA - yes
- drink fluids , antibiotics, sitz bath
Elderly - sign of infection:
tachypnea, tachy, confusion
TB: classic signs
- persistent cough with blood-tinged sputum and night sweats - put mask on patient to prevent spread
Hep A: child can return to school
1 week after onset of jaundice.
Hepatitis precautions for all
STANDARD - yes
Haemophilus influenzae pneumonia (precaution)
standard precaution - YESFor infants, it is droplet and standard
Localized herpes zoster(precaution)
contact precaution, bc localized - yesNon-immunocompromised patients with shingles only have the virus in their skin lesions and are only...
standard precaution - yescontact by tick
standard precaution - yesMono is spread by person-to-person contact. Saliva is the primary method of transmitting mono. aka "kissing disease" "mononucleosis" refers to an...
standard precaution - yesInfection cannot be acquired from another person with legionellosis.
standard precaution - YES, it really is!bacteria can be transmitted easily among people who have had close contact
standard precaution - yesCutaneous anthrax usually occurs when spores from the bacteria enter a cut or scrape on the skin
Droplet - yes
droplet - yes, can be depending on which one.
nuchal rigidity and photophobia
Clostridium difficile colitisprecaution? causes?
standard / contact precautionsThink of the name - "C. Diff"can cause pseudomembranous colitis
disseminated herpes zoster(precaution)
A/C precautionsdisseminate = "spread widely"