Flashcard Set Preview
Side ASide B
cell phones allowed where?
2 circumstances a person gets put on "back on track"
behind on worksheet, failing or behind on theory tests
For mixing highlift, what ratio is used for max. lift?
2:1 (2 parts developer to 1 part highlift)
3 principles of demension
Height, Width, Depth
what comb is used for wet cutting?
Patch test (also known as "predisposition test) is given how many hours before a color service?
Steps of 2 minute plan
1. Wait to clean service area2. Escort Guest to service desk3. Introduce your guest to the service team4. Pull products and focus on solutions5. Reserve a future service Time6. Give...
When performing a curl eval. on an acidwave, what are 2 things you are looking for?
1. Maximum seperation and 2. Rod size w/ play
How many techniques are there in cutting?
3; (One length, grad, and layers)
What's another word for length?
If predisposition test is done on someone and they have a positive reaction, what might you see?
Blisters, Rash, Blindness, Death
If using flash finish ultra toners or demi-permanent color, what level dev. is used?
5 vol. developer
What do you mix color with?
Hydrogen Peroxide (developer)
What is the Correct Order of the "10 Opportunities"
1. Create Magic First!2. Identify challenges3. Recomend Solutions4. Wash House 5. Educate your guest6. Talk Professionally7. Color Bar8. Style Experience9. Review Reccomendations10....
directly across on the color map gives you...??
When rinsing hair after texture service (Perm), what is the rinsing process?
Luke Warm water for 5-min. to the shoulder, and rinse 1 additional minute for every inch past the shoulders their hair is.
Flat Wrap, Round wrap, and directional are all...?
all black, nametag, hair and makeup, professional
What geometric shape provies a trendy and edgy look?
Demipermant, Semipermanent, toner, and mens color would all require what application technique?
Single Process (scalp to ends, all over)
What time do you need to call if you're not coming into the school?
If leaving the school, is there a certain time you need to book out?
When doing a curl eval. looking for true to rod size w/ minimum curl, what wave is that?
What are the finishing methods?
Roundbrishing, Leafing and Beveling, and directional
What are the 3 section angles for cutting?
Verticle, Horizontal, and Diagonal
Know THE ENTIRE DIAGRAMMING COLOR KEY
GREEN: thickest line= Segment, thicker= Panels, thinest= section, Dotted line= sections crossing over previously cut sections, zigzag= natural partBLUE: Line= expanded shape, dotted=...
Phases of a shape:
1- Basic shape2- Cross check3- Blow dry4- Refine5- Style
Where should lower body be when cutting a round shape?
On the face side of the section
What vol. developer gives 2-3 level of lift?
30 VOL. Developer
Name of developer mixed w/ PM Shines:
Ratio of "the Color" mixed w/ developer (H202):
If you want max. tone w/ highlift series, what ratio do you use?
3 Questions to consider when formulating:
What's the FABRIC? Lighter or Darker? Nuetralize or Intensify?
What are the geometric shapes?
Round, Square, Triangle
From the color lines, what products has the following benefits: sandalwood frangrance, long lasting control, max. lift?
Steps for Single Process
1. Part hair in 5 segments2. Begin application in back3. take 1/4" Horizontal sections in back & 1/4" verticle on sides and mohawk4. Apply from scalp to ends5. Process according...
Steps for Double Process
1. Part hair in 5 segments2. Begin app. in back3. take 1/8" sections in back & verticle in front4. Apply 1/2"-1" from scalp to porous ends5. Apply to both sides of the section6....
Steps for double-process retouch
1. Part hair in 5 segments2. Begin app. in back3. take 1/8" horizontal sections4. Apply from scalp to 1/16" away from the line of demarcation5. apply to both sides6. Process to desired...
Steps for virgin highlift application
1. Part hair in 5 segments2. Begin app. in back3. Take 1/4" horiz. sections in back and 1/4" vert. sections on sides and mohawk4. Apply 1/2" from scapl to porous ends5. Process...
Steps for highlift retouch
1. Part hair in 5 segments2. Begin app in back3. Take 1/4" horiz. sections in back & 1/4 vert. on sides & mohawk4. Applyt from scalp to line of demarcation5. Process 45 min.6....
Steps for horizontal weave
1. Part hair in 6 Panels2. Begin @ bottom of the backl mohawk panel3. Take 1/4" section, drop the bottom half, & weave the top4. Weave using 1:2 ratio5. Complete back panels first,...
Steps for Diagonal Slice
1. Part hair in 6 panels2. Begin in either back panel, then do sides, & finish in top panel3. Take 1/4" horizontal diagonal section & slice off the top4. Weave & lock...
Steps of how to place and fold a foil:
1. Place a 1/8" fikd @ the base of the slice/weave2. Secure foil & hair w/ thumb3. Apply procuct @ midshaft4. Place your hand under foils as platform5. Apply product through ends6....
Correct order of "the 19 steps of Perming"
Consultation, Double-drap, Release form, Clarify Shampoo,Wrap, cotton, process,curl eval., rinse, towel blot, paper towel blot, air neutralize 5-10 minutes, cotton, neutralize,...